After speaking to author Penny Wincer for our Thought-full series, we asked her to come up with an ideal selection to accompany her book, with carers in mind. She combined products for relaxing with products for instant energy and along with her book, we think this is an excellent package for conveying a ‘I think you’re great, this is for YOU’ message. These were Penny’s thoughts around each product accompanying her book: This Works pillow spray – to create an easy ritual for unwinding at bedtime that takes very little effort; Space Mask – wearing one of these is amazing for shutting out the world when trying to catch up on much needed rest; Cocoba Milk Chocolate Buttons – to have stashed away for an emergency pick me up when your energy is low; Rave Coffee – because we don’t always get the rest we need but we can at least have an amazing cup of coffee to get us through the day
Penny’s book Tender: The Imperfect Art of Caring is a brilliantly eye-opening as well as moving book about the art of empathy and the exceptional challenges faced by carers, including discussion around perception, shame, self-care and, importantly, self-compassion. Through sharing her own experience as a carer and the experience of others, there is much to take from this book that is reassuring, challenging and so insightful.
- Tender: The Imperfect Art of Caring by Penny Wincer – Combining Penny’s own experience as a carer with the experience of others, Tender is an eye-opening, deeply moving book about the art of empathy and the exceptional challenges faced by anyone who takes on the role of a carer.
- Spacemasks Self Heating Eye Mask – For relieving tiredness, eye strain and many other earthly tensions
- Cocoba Milk Buttons (120g) – Smooth milk chocolate buttons made from the highest quality Belgian chocolate
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (75ml) – With an award winning blend of Lavender, Vetivert and Camomile to calm mind and body
- Rave ‘The Italian Job’ Coffee – This blend is roasted just a hint darker with a splash of high quality Robusta. The result is a coffee that punches through milk and delivers a welcomed kick of caffeine