This bespoke package was developed because we have regularly been asked to put something together for someone going through cancer. Through our own experience and from talking with others, we know that cancer is intensely personal. Depending on diagnosis, treatment, circumstances and many other factors, what might offer some TLC or practical comfort varies greatly. One person might crave cold things while another can’t stand them; some people might want food as comfort while others lose their appetite; skin can be sensitive, some people feel the cold more and others suffer hot flushes. Some want to use their brain and others want a distraction.
We also know that it’s tough for those alongside the patient, and often friends and family want to look after that person too, so we wanted to make sure the loved ones were included in this package.
The Stand Up To Cancer Care Package has been developed with over forty products to choose from so you can make it right for the recipient. It has been developed in collaboration with Stand Up To Cancer and Don’t Buy Her Flowers are proud to support the charity by making an annual donation to it’s ground breaking research.
With huge thanks especially to Deborah, Emma, Helen and Elizabeth – four brilliant women who took the time to provide insights and really think about the products that they received or wished they had during their own experiences.
Beauty, Skincare and Relaxing products.
These products have been selected because they are gentle on skin that might be sensitive.
- Skin & Tonic Naked Lip Balm; British, organic and comes in an easy-to-use stick for soothing dry lips.
- Skin & Tonic organic Calm Balm; uses Roman Chamomile, Lavender and Calendula oils to help skin and mood in moments of stress (20g)
- B Skincare Peppermint Foot Cooling Cream (60ml) – Handmade and natural, combines cooling peppermint, antibacterial tea tree and relaxing lavender essential oils
- B Skincare Lavender Hand Cream (60ml) – Made with soothing Cornish beeswax and relaxing lavender
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (75ml) – With an award winning blend of lavender, vetivert and chamomile to calm mind and body
- Spacemasks Self Heating Eye Mask – For relieving tiredness, eye strain and many other earthly tensions
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – The UK’s number one dry shampoo, and a popular product for anyone unable to wash their hair (200ml).
- Nursem Caring Hand Cream – Developed with nurses to nourish, nurture, protect hands, and gentle on sensitive skin
- Nursem Caring Skin Fix (50ml) – Particularly brilliant for sore, dry hands. Uses naturally derived ingredients to provide immediate and targeted relief to all areas of persistently dry and sore skin
- Laughing Bird Shea & Cocoa Butter Hand Cream (120ml) – With geranium and lemon
- Protect Uplifting Shower Gel from Nourish London (300ml) – Organic and certified vegan, gentle formula with refreshing citrus scents of organic mandarin oil, orange oil and Sicilian lemon
- Mum & You – 100% biodegradable baby wipes are made from naturally derived fibres, which breaks down quickly after throwing away, even in landfill conditions
- Love & Peace candle 180ml – Subtly scented with essential oils citrus, geranium, patchouli and orange
- Black Oud Candle 180ml – Citrus, pink pepper, cardamom, nutmeg, vanilla and musk. 100% natural plant wax.
Snacks, Treats and Meals
For ingredients details, see FAQs
- COOK Food Delivery Voucher £35, £55, £75; The recipient chooses from the extensive menu on COOK’s website, selects a delivery slot to suit them and receives delicious meals to the door ready for when they need them. COOK cater for family meals, kids meals and special dietary requirements. As a guide, £35 buys 4-5 meals for two (prices vary depending on the meals chosen).
- Queasy Drops Plus for Dry Mouth and Nausea Relief – Developed by healthcare professionals, Queasy Drops are a natural way to ease a queasy stomach and also help with dry mouth and provide a nice energy boost.
- Smooze Ice Lollies – choose from Simply Coconut or Pink Guava and Coconut; Smooze is a range of all natural ‘freeze at home’ fruit ices made from freshly pressed coconut milk combined with real fruit juices and purees. Free from dairy, gluten, nuts, preservatives and artificial sweeteners.
- Montezuma’s Giant Chocolate Buttons. Choose from Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate (180g)
- Salted Caramel Brownie Sharing Slice – An extra big slab of delicious, gooey chocolatey brownie
- Traybakes Caramel Shortcake with Belgian Milk Chocolate
- Traybakes Biscuit Tiffin with Belgian Milk Chocolate
- Butter Fudge – Rich and creamy and made with real butter from an age-old Scottish recipe, from Cartwright & Butler.
- Triple Choc Chunk Biscuits – Cartwright & Butler’s chocolate biscuits with white, milk and plain chocolate chunks
- Cartwright & Butler Biscuits – choose from Demerara Shortbread Rounds or Gluten Free Butter Oat Crumbles (200g)
- Brown Bag Crisps – choose from Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar or Tiger Prawn Chilli & Lime (40g)
Drinks & Refreshments
- Luscombe refreshing soft drinks – Cool Ginger Beer
- White Wine, El Coto, Blanco Rioja (375ml) – Made from macerated Viura grapes with slow fermentation. Offers an intense aroma of flowers and green apples and is full tasty and fruity on the palate.
- Red Wine, Villa Montes Cabernet Sauvignon (375ml) – Deep, ruby red in colour. On the nose, the wine has blackberry and blackcurrant aromas. The palate is medium bodied, with soft tannins, crisp acidity and a lingering finish
- Rosé Wine, Doran’s Vineyard, (75cl) – ‘Rosie D’ is a delicious taste of summer with a splash of strawberry and raspberry aromas on a cloud of candyfloss
- White Wine, Chenin, Roussane, Grenache Blanc (75cl) – ‘Arya’ from Doran’s Vineyard is a symphony of white pear, bright green apple and orange aromas
- Red Wine, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot (75cl) – ‘Romy D’ from Doran’s Vineyard; an array of red fruits uplifted by aromas of cigar box and dark chocolate followed by fresh notes of cedar
- 2 x 330ml Organic Craft Beers by Stroud Brewery – 1 x IPA and 1 x Nelson. Organic and Vegan
- 2 x Beard & Sabre Hopped Ciders 33cl – Two 33cl bottles of this medium cider from West Country producers Beard & Sabre, ‘Dolores’ is a smooth drinking cider with notes of pineapple and lychee
- 2 x Blooms Gin – one with tonic, one with rose lemonade (27.5cl each).
- Thomson & Scott Prosecco (75cl)
- Teapigs Tea – choose from Everyday Brew, Lemon & Ginger or Honeybush & Rooibos. Lemon & ginger is good for sickness while Honeybush & Rooibos can be drunk with or without milk. Both Lemon & Ginger and Honeybush & Rooibos are caffiene free (15 temple bags).
- Rave ‘The Italian Job’ Coffee – this blend is roasted just a hint darker with a splash of high quality Robusta. The result is a coffee that punches through milk and delivers a welcomed kick of caffeine.
Entertainment & Stationery
- Luxury Lined A5 Notebook – Perfect bound, 140 page notebook in navy with gold foil print lettering. Exclusively designed for Don’t Buy Her Flowers by Martha Brook.
- Women’s Magazine – choose from Red, Living Etc, Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan.
- Men’s Magazine – Empire, GQ, Gardeners’ World, Today’s Golfer, Men’s Health.
- YesMum REBEL Affirmation Cards – when we experience the effects of cancer in our lives, the feelings that manifest can exhaust our minds and hearts to leave us feeling overwhelmed by life’s daily requirements. The yesmum® rebel affirmation cards act as a daily fist bump to help start each day with strength and self-assurance.
- A Book (choose from the following)
- Normal People by Sally Rooney -Normal People is a story of mutual fascination, friendship and love. It takes us from that first conversation to the years beyond, in the company of two people who try to stay apart but find they can’t.
- Tom Clancy’s Enemy Contact by Mike Maden – Tom Clancy’s Enemy Contact is Mike Maden’s gripping new thriller in this Jack Ryan Jr series, and inspiration for the Amazon Prime Hit
- Straight Outta Crawley by Roman Ranganathan – Memoirs of a Distinctly Average Human Being. The hilarious and irreverent autobiography from comedian Romesh Ranganathan
- How To Fail by Elizabeth Day – Inspired by her hugely popular podcast, brilliantly funny, painfully honest and insightful celebration of things going wrong
- F*** You Cancer by Deborah James – How to face the big C, live your life and still be yourself.
- The Self-Care Cookbook by Gemma Ogston – Over 60 plant based recipes to boost energy, help sleep and lift moods
- Resilient: Tools for lasting happiness by Rick Hanson – 12 Tools for transforming everyday experiences into lasting happiness; Dr Rick Hanson explains how to build the foundations of well-being by harnessing the power of positive experiences to build an unshakeable core
- Three Ingredient Baking by Sarah Rainey – Incredibly simple treats with minimal ingredients. 100 fuss-free family recipes for cakes, biscuits, breads, desserts, savoury bakes and frozen treats.
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams – debut novel that is fresh and modern, hilariously funny and quietly devastating, Queenie has been long-listed for the Women’s Prize for Fiction 2020
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo – follows twelve characters on their personal journeys through Britain and the last hundred years. Winner of the Booker Prize 2019
- Sweet Sorrow by David Nicholls – the latest novel from Sunday Times Bestseller David Nicholls; a beautifully observed account of a life-changing summer with teenage love, life and family dysfunction
- Those who are loved by Victoria Hislop – Those Who Are Loved is Victoria Hislop’s latest number one bestselling novel, in which she brings Greek history to compelling life
- Behind the Mask by Tyson Fury – Autobiography from undefeated heavyweight champion Tyson Fury
- Gardening Through the Year by Ian Spence – Packed with essential gardening advice, RHS Gardening Through the Year is the must-have book for new gardeners and a trusty reference for old hands
- The Body: A Guide for Occupants by Bill Bryson – explores the human body, how it functions and its remarkable ability to heal itself. Full of extraordinary facts and astonishing stories.
- Zonal Marking: The Making of Modern European Football by Michael Cox – An insightful, comprehensive and entertaining book about how European football has developed over the last three decades by the author of the much heralded The Mixer, Michael Cox
- Part of the Family by Charlotte Philby – A domestic thriller with high stakes tension, and twists that keep coming
- BOSH! Cookbook (Hardcover) By Henry Firth and Ian Theasby – The highest-selling vegan Cookbook ever, from the creators of a food revolution through the world’s biggest plant-based platform
- The Eve Illusion by Giovanna & Tom Fletcher (Hardcover) – The Eve Illusion is the second book in the bestselling Eve of Man trilogy from The Fletchers; a love story set in a dystopian future
- So Lucky by Dawn O’ Porter – A frank and funny novel about whether anyone is as #lucky as their Instagram feed suggests
- Skincare: The ultimate no-nonsense guide by Caroline Hirons – Straight-talking advice from the Skincare Queen; Caroline Hirons explains the facts and myths in the trademark style that accounts for her cult-like following.
- Penguin Pocket Sudoku – contains 201 brainteasers, ranging from easy to mind-bogglingly difficult
- William Morris Colouring Book -over a hundred intricate and iconic wallpaper, textile and embroidery designs
- Who Wants to be a Millionaire: The Quiz Book – Based on the world-famous quiz show, perfect for a solo test of knowledge or the ultimate at-home quiz with family and friends.
- The Times Jumbo Crossword Book
- Large Print Wordsearch – 100 Easy to Read Puzzle Book all presented in easy-to-read, large print type
- Calm Colour by Numbers – A fantastic collection of more than 60 colour-by number images, designed to promote calm and relaxation
- Stib Jumbo Colouring Pencils – Pack of 12 vibrant colours, each of which has a ‘positive’ word embossed on it. Includes double sharpener. Recommended age 5+
- Animal Activity Book (6-12) – Activity book from The Future Teacher Foundation
- ‘COOL’ Colouring Book (6-12) – Colouring book from The Future Teacher Foundation
- Animal Colouring Book (3-8) – Colouring book from The Future Teacher Foundation
- Colouring book for toddlers ABC (preschool) – Colouring book for preschoolers from The Future Teacher Foundation
- Football Activity book (6-12) – Activity book from The Future Teacher Foundation
- Quick Crafts Book: For Parents Who Think They Hate Craft – by Emma Scott-Child
- Cashmere Eye Mask – beautifully soft, from the London Cashmere Co
- One Green Bottle 500ml Stainless Steel Canteen – with Quench Cap and straw so it can be used without leaking in bed as well as on the go.
- 100% Lambswool Blanket in Black & White Leopard Print or Grey & White Chevron with Mustard Trim, 130 x 100cm.
- Love/Strength Necklace – Designed in collaboration with Don’t Buy Her Flowers. 18 carat gold-plated, made from stainless steel, lead and nickel free. Necklace length is approx 18 inches plus 2inches extension.
- Large scarf – machine washable.
- Chunky Knit Midi Hot Water Bottle – Super Soft, Chunky and incredibly Cosy
- Pantherella Cashmere Women’s Socks in Pink or Light Grey.
- Pantherella Merino Wool Women’s Socks in Navy Striped or Old Rose Striped.
- Pantherella Men’s Socks in Striped or Chevron Navy, available in 7.5-9.5UK and 10-12UK
- Men’s Luxury Cotton Socks in Fine Green Stripe – Quality socks from The London Sock Co made with Scottish Lisle Thread Cotton
- Ribbed Men’s Luxury Cotton Socks in Saffron – Quality socks from The London Sock Co made with Scottish Lisle Thread Cotton
- Grey Stainless Steel Thermal Mug 300ml
- Teak Stainless Steel Thermal Mug 300ml