This bespoke package was developed because we have regularly been asked to put something together for someone going through cancer. Through our own experience and from talking with others, we know that cancer is intensely personal. Depending on diagnosis, treatment, circumstances and many other factors, what might offer some TLC or practical comfort varies greatly. One person might crave cold things while another can’t stand them; some people might want food as comfort while others lose their appetite; skin can be sensitive, some people feel the cold more and others suffer hot flushes. Some want to use their brain and others want a distraction.
We also know that it’s tough for those alongside the patient, and often friends and family want to look after that person too, so we wanted to make sure the loved ones were included in this package.
The Stand Up To Cancer Care Package has been developed with over 60 products to choose from so you can make it right for the recipient. It has been developed in collaboration with Stand Up To Cancer and Don’t Buy Her Flowers are proud to support the charity by making an annual donation to it’s ground breaking research.
With huge thanks especially to Deborah, Emma, Helen and Elizabeth – four brilliant women who took the time to provide insights and really think about the products that they received or wished they had during their own experiences.
Don’t Buy Her Flowers are proud to support Stand Up To Cancer by making an estimated donation of £1500 for each 12 month period from April to March annually to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign. Stand Up To Cancer and Stand Up To Cancer Brand Marks are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Entertainment Industry Foundation. Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (No. 1089464), Scotland (No. SC041666), Isle of Man (No 1103) and Jersey (247).
Beauty, Skincare and Relaxing products.
These products have been selected because they are gentle on skin that might be sensitive.
- Skin & Tonic Lip Balm (4g) – Naked Lip Balm or Mint Lip Balm. British, organic and comes in an easy-to-use stick for soothing dry lips
- Skin & Tonic De-Stress Face Mask (20g) – A cooling powdered clay mask that will leave skin hydrated, plump and dewy, made with only six ingredients
- Skin & Tonic organic Calm Balm; uses Roman Chamomile, Lavender and Calendula oils to help skin and mood in moments of stress (20g)
- B Skincare Peppermint Foot Cooling Cream (60ml) – Handmade and natural, combines cooling peppermint, antibacterial tea tree and relaxing lavender essential oils
- Scentered De-Stress Balm – 100% natural, essential oil based Aromatherapy Balm that is mess-free. Used as a stress relief aid to promote relaxation and calmness
- B Skincare Lavender Hand Cream (60ml) – Made with soothing Cornish beeswax and relaxing lavender
- IDAN Moisturising Oil (30ml) – Cold pressed coconut oil from Liha Beauty, frangranced with the Tuberose flower. Suitable for use on hair, nails, body, face…pretty much everywhere!
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Foaming Bubble Bath (200ml) – A tranquil aromatherapy blend of lavender, Spanish marjoram and geranium essential oils for enhanced wellbeing, leaving skin feeling nourished and fragrant
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Men’s Hair & Body Wash (200ml) – 2-in-1 wash for hair and body with an energising aroma of organic grapefruit, bergamot and bay essential oils invigorates the senses
- Neal’s Yard Remedies Geranium & Orange Body Scrub (200g) – An energising citrus scrub that cleanses, smooths and softens dull and dry skin with Brittany sea salt and nourishing shea nut butter
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (75ml) – With an award winning blend of lavender, vetivert and chamomile to calm mind and body
- This Works Energy Bank Shower Gel (250ml) – A mood-boosting body wash to supercharge the start of the day, with Geranium, Ylang Ylang & Rosemary
- Spacemasks Self Heating Eye Mask – For relieving tiredness, eye strain and many other earthly tensions
- Kitenest Dry Shampoo (200ml) – Available in options for dark or light hair. 100% natural organic dry shampoo revives limp and dull hair, without using water
- Nursem Caring Hand Cream – Developed with nurses to nourish, nurture, protect hands, and gentle on sensitive skin
- Nursem Caring Skin Fix (50ml) – Particularly brilliant for sore, dry hands. Uses naturally derived ingredients to provide immediate and targeted relief to all areas of persistently dry and sore skin
- Love & Peace 8 hour tealight candles in recycled glass (3 tealights) – Subtly scented with essential oils citrus, geranium, patchouli and orange
- Love & Peace candle 180ml – Subtly scented with essential oils citrus, geranium, patchouli and orange
- Black Oud Candle 180ml – Citrus, pink pepper, cardamom, nutmeg, vanilla and musk. 100% natural plant wax.
- Aloe Vera Hand Sanitiser (50ml) – Cleansing, cool and hydrating hand sanitiser with 75% alc. Can also be used on surfaces
Snacks, Treats and Meals
For information on ingredients and allergens, please contact us.
- COOK Food Delivery Voucher £40, £55, £75; The recipient chooses from the extensive menu on COOK’s website, selects a delivery slot to suit them and receives delicious meals to the door ready for when they need them. COOK cater for family meals, kids meals and special dietary requirements. As a guide, £40 buys 4-5 meals for two (prices vary depending on the meals chosen).
- Cocoba Milk Buttons (120g) – Smooth milk chocolate buttons made from the highest quality Belgian chocolate
- Montezuma’s Giant Chocolate Buttons (180g) – Deliciously rich dark or creamy white chocolate
- Salted Caramel Brownie Sharing Slice – An extra large delicious, gooey, chocolatey brownie filled with rich salted caramel
- Traybakes Cinder Road Bar – A chewy biscuit cake with Belgian chocolate, soft marshmallows and crunchy honeycomb pieces
- Cartwright & Butler Chocolate Fudge (175g) – Creamy, chocolatey and absolutely melt-in-the-mouth and made with real butter from an age-old Scottish recipe
- Cartwright & Butler Butter Fudge (175g) – Rich and creamy and made with real butter from an age-old Scottish recipe
- Triple Choc Chunk Biscuits (200g) – Cartwright & Butler’s chocolate biscuits with white, milk and plain chocolate chunks
- Cartwright & Butler Biscuits (200g) – Choose from Demerara Shortbread Rounds or Gluten Free Butter Oat Crumbles (200g)
- Salted Caramel Popcorn (30g) – Delicious hand-popped popcorn by Kitchen Popcorn
- Sweet & Salt Popcorn (30g) – Delicious hand-popped popcorn by Kitchen Popcorn
- Brown Bag Crisps (40g) – Choose from Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar, Cheddar & Onion, Tiger Prawn Chilli & Lime or Oak Smoked Chilli (Vegan)
Drinks & Refreshments
- Daiquiri Cocktail (100ml) – The classic, refreshing combination of Pampero Rum Blanco and citrus, from NIO cocktails. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- Old Fashioned Cocktail (100ml) – Crafted with Bulleit Bourbon and aromatic bitters, from Nio Cocktails. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- Tommy’s Margarita Cocktail (100ml) – A refreshing twist on the Margarita that allows the Jose Cuervo Tequila to shine, from NIO cocktails. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- Espresso Martini Cocktail (100ml) – Ketel One Vodka and Borghetti Coffee Liqueur, make for a rich, elegant classic cocktail from NIO cocktails. Needs Ice Only, single serving.
- Gin Sour Cocktail (100ml) – A perfect balance of sugar, bitter lemon and Dry Tanqueray Gin, from NIO cocktails. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- Lemongrass Citrus Cocktail (Alcohol-Free) (100ml) – Fragrant lemongrass stars in this refreshing tropical non-alcoholic cocktail. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- Alcohol Free G&T (250ml) – High Ball Classic G & T with Juniper, Botanicals & Citrus. Alcohol Free
- Alcohol Free Cosmopolitan (250ml) – The Famous Cosmopolitan with Cranberry, Orange & Citrus, but Alcohol Free
- Luscombe Elderflower Bubbly & Rose Bubbly (270ml each) – 1 x Wild Elderflower Bubbly and 1 x Damascene Rose Bubbly. Delicate sparkling soft drinks with refreshing taste
- Luscombe Devon Apple & Orange (270ml each) – 1 x Mostly Devon Apple Juice and 1 x Orange Juice. Refreshing fruity soft drinks.
- Villa Montes Red Wine (half size bottle) – A well balanced Cabernet Sauvignon. Deep, ruby red in colour. On the nose, the wine has blackberry and blackcurrant aromas. The palate is medium bodied, with soft tannins, crisp acidity and a lingering finish (375ml)
- Villa Montes White Wine (half size bottle) – Made from Sauvignon Blanc with slow fermentation. Offers an intense aroma of flowers and green apples and is full tasty and fruity on the palate. (375ml)
- Organic Craft Beer & Craft Cider (330ml each) – A refreshing pale ale from Stroud Brewery paired with a Dunkertons cider, organic and suitable for Vegans
- 2 x 330ml Organic Craft Beers by Stroud Brewery – 1 x IPA and 1 x Nelson. Organic and Vegan
- 2 x Beard & Sabre Hopped Ciders 33cl – Two 33cl bottles of this medium cider from West Country producers Beard & Sabre, ‘Dolores’ is a smooth drinking cider with notes of pineapple and lychee
- 2 x Lucky Saint Alcohol-Free Beers – 2 x 330ml 0.5% unfiltered lager. The beer is left unfiltered for maximum flavour, even without the alcohol
- 2 x Bloom Gin (275ml each) – 1 x Gin with Tonic and 1 x Gin with rose lemonade. Light and floral flavours perfeclty mixed Perfectly prepared and ready to serve. Combining the delicately floral Bloom gin with classic tonic
- Bei Tempi Prosecco (200ml or 750ml) – Brilliant light colour, zesty with citrus fruit and flowery features and a light fresh finish
- Teapigs Tea – choose from Everyday Brew, Super Fruit, Lemon & Ginger or Honeybush & Rooibos. Lemon & ginger is good for sickness while Honeybush & Rooibos can be drunk with or without milk. Both Lemon & Ginger, Super Fruit and Honeybush & Rooibos are caffeine free (15 temple bags).
- Rave ‘The Italian Job’ Coffee – this blend is roasted just a hint darker with a splash of high quality Robusta. The result is a coffee that punches through milk and delivers a welcomed kick of caffeine.
Entertainment & Stationery
- Luxury Lined A5 notebook – Perfect bound, 140 pages (70 sheets) lined notebook in green with gold foil print lettering. Exclusively designed for Don’t Buy Her Flowers by Martha Brook
- Choice of Magazine – choose from Red, Living Etc, Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, Empire, GQ, Gardeners’ World, Today’s Golfer, Men’s Fitness
- Fiction Book – Choose from the following:
- The Idea of You by Robinne Lee – A sizzling romance novel, perfect escapism for the summer
- One August Night by Victoria Hislop – Beloved author Victoria Hislop returns to Crete in this long-anticipated sequel to her multi-million-copy Number One bestseller, The Island. Beautiful and enchanting
- Ghosts by Dolly Alderton – A funny and tender debut novel, filled with smart observations about relationships, family, memory, and life as a thirty-something woman
- Eight Perfect Hours By Lia Louis – A romantic and heartwarming story of two strangers who spend one perfect evening together, thinking they’ll never see each other again, until fate intervenes
- V2 By Robert Harris – The Sunday Times bestselling World War 2 thriller
- The Book Of Two Ways By Jodi Picoult – The latest bestseller from Jodi Picault exploring life, death and missed opportunities
- Anxious People by Fredrik Backman – A poignant and uplifting novel about a crime that never took place, a would-be bank robber who disappears into thin air, and eight extremely anxious strangers who find they have more in common than they ever imagined
- The Devil and The Dark Water by Stuart Turton – A deliciously sinister period chiller, featuring fugitive detectives, a twice-dead leper and a stalking demon
- The Secret Commonwealth: The Book of Dust Volume Two by Phillip Pullman – A fantasy novel and the second chapter in Philip Pullman’s epic series, this is a powerful story about the truths that underpin our world, the divisions that lie between love and responsibility and what it truly means to grow up.
- Open Water by Caleb Azumah Nelson (Hardback) – A tender and emotionally complex debut about the relationship between two young Black British artists. Ideal for anyone missing the tentative, raw depiction of love in Normal People
- Non-Fiction Book – Choose from the following:
- No Shame by Tom Allen – No Shame is a very funny, candid and emotional ride. In his hilarious, honest and heart breaking stories comedian Tom Allen recalls observations on childhood, adolescence and his attempts to come out and negotiate the gay dating scene
- Who am I, again? by Lenny Henry – As one of the country’s best-loved comedians with a career spanning over forty years, Sir Lenny Henry tells the extraordinary story of his early years and sudden rise to fame
- Glittering a Turd by Kris Hallenga (Hardback) – From the founder of CoppaFeel!, Glittering a Turd is more than just another cancer memoir; it’s a handbook for living life to the fullest, shining a new perspective on survival and learning to glitter your own tu*d, whatever it might be
- What Doesn’t Kill You by Rachel Haynes – The Highs, Lows and Unexpected Gifts of Surviving Cancer’; author Rachel, who has survived bowel cancer twice, tells her story with humour and honesty. Looks at the psychological impact of cancer and the realisation that the end of treatment is not the end of the story.
- Done Deal by Daniel Geey – An Insider’s Guide to Football Contracts, Multi-Million Pound Transfers and Premier League Big Business
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle – Part inspiration, part memoir, Untamed: Stop Please, Start Living explores the joy and peace we discover when we stop striving to meet the expectations of the world, and instead dare to listen to and trust in the voice deep inside us
- Good Hair by Charlotte Mensah (Hardback) – An essential, practical guide to caring for Afro, textured and curly hair, from the legendary Black British hairdresser
- The Good Ally By Nova Reid (Hardback) – A book for those against persistent racial injustice, determined to expand their knowledge and understanding of systemic racism in Britain.
- The Happy Health Plan by David & Stephen Flynn – Simple and tasty plant-based food to nourish the body inside and out.
- Rodney Scott’s World of BBQ by Rodney Scott and Lolis Eric Elie – Award–winning chef Rodney Scott celebrates an incredible culinary legacy through his life story, family traditions, and unmatched dedication to his craft
- Sudoku Book – A workout for the brain and a stress-reliever. Over 500 puzzles, ranging from easy to mind-bogglingly difficult
- The Times Jumbo Crossword Book – A super-sized challenge for crossword lovers, selected by the Times2 Crossword Editor John Grimshaw
- Amazing Wordsearch Puzzles – Over 250 easy to read wordsearch puzzles designed to give a brain workout
- Mindful Mandala Colouring Book – A calming colour-by-numbers book with over 60 designs
- Stib Mini Colouring Pencils (3+) – Pack of 10 mini colouring pencils, each has a ‘positive’ word embossed on it. Also includes a wooden double pencil & colouring sheet
- Quick Crafts Book: For Parents Who Think They Hate Craft – by Emma Scott-Child
- Glittering a Turd Eco Glitter – Glittering a Turd glitter in pink designed by Kris Hallenga. Biodegradable, cruelty-free glitter for face and body
- Cashmere Eye Mask – beautifully soft, from the London Cashmere Co
- Large Delicate Printed Scarf – Light and delicate scarf available in a choice of styles. Grey Lace 200x70cm, Green Stripe 180x50cm, Blue Daisy Print 180x70cm.
- One Green Bottle Curvy Stainless Steel Canteen (500ml) – In Bright Green or Light Blue with classic sports cap with better flow so it can be used on the go
- 100% Lambswool Blanket 130 x 100cm – In Grey Chevron with Mustard Trim or Monochrome Leopard Print
- Chunky Knit Midi Hot Water Bottle – Super Soft, Chunky and incredibly Cosy
- Pantherella Cashmere Women’s Socks in Pink or Light Grey.
- Pantherella Men’s Socks in Striped or Chevron Navy, available in 7.5-9.5UK and 10-12UK
- Men’s Luxury Cotton Socks in Navy Stripe – Quality socks from The London Sock Co made with Scottish Lisle Thread Cotton. Available in Sizes UK 8-10 and 11-13
- Men’s Luxury Cotton Socks in Purple and Blue Spot – Quality socks from The London Sock Co made with Scottish Lisle Thread Cotton. Available in Sizes UK 8-10 and 11-13
- Men’s Luxury Cotton Socks in Fine Green Stripe – Quality socks from The London Sock Co made with Scottish Lisle Thread Cotton