This bespoke package was developed because we have regularly been asked to put something together for someone going through cancer. Through our own experience and from talking with others, we know that cancer is intensely personal. Depending on diagnosis, treatment, circumstances and many other factors, what might offer some TLC or practical comfort varies greatly. One person might crave cold things while another can’t stand them; some people might want food as comfort while others lose their appetite; skin can be sensitive, some people feel the cold more and others suffer hot flushes. Some want to use their brain and others want a distraction.
We also know that it’s tough for those alongside the patient, and often friends and family want to look after that person too, so we wanted to make sure the loved ones were included in this package.
The Stand Up To Cancer Care Package has been developed with over forty products to choose from so you can make it right for the recipient. It has been developed in collaboration with Stand Up To Cancer and Don’t Buy Her Flowers are proud to support the charity by making an annual donation to it’s ground breaking research.
With huge thanks especially to Deborah, Emma, Helen and Elizabeth – four brilliant women who took the time to provide insights and really think about the products that they received or wished they had during their own experiences.
Beauty, Skincare and Relaxing products.
These products have been selected because they are gentle on skin that might be sensitive.
- Bentley Organic Moisturising Hand Sanitizer – An antibacterial agent that also leaves skin moisturised and undamaged, and is extra gentle on sensitive skin. (50ml).
- WaterWipes Sensitive Cleansing Wipes – ‘The World’s Purest Wipe’, free from chemical preservatives, fragrance and alcohol, with just 3 ingredients (water, grapefruit seed extract, dead sea minerals), Approved by Allergy UK and suitable for dry and sensitive skin.
- Skin & Tonic Naked Lip Balm; British, organic and comes in an easy-to-use stick for soothing dry lips.
- Skin & Tonic organic Calm Balm; uses Roman Chamomile, Lavender and Calendula oils to help skin and mood in moments of stress (20g).
- Sister & Co Coconut Oil – Gentle, light and absorbant, this product has many uses, including on skin, nails and hair. Packed full of natural anti-oxidants and intensively nourishing fatty acids (60ml).
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – The UK’s number one dry shampoo, and a popular product for anyone unable to wash their hair (200ml).
- Nursem Caring Hand Cream. Developed with nurses to nourish, nurture and protect hands, and gentle on sensitive skin.
Snacks, Treats and Meals
For ingredients details, see FAQs
- COOK Food Delivery Voucher £35, £55, £75; The recipient chooses from the extensive menu on COOK’s website, selects a delivery slot to suit them and receives delicious meals to the door ready for when they need them. COOK cater for family meals, kids meals and special dietary requirements. As a guide, £35 buys 4-5 meals for two (prices vary depending on the meals chosen).
- Queasy Drops Plus for Dry Mouth and Nausea Relief – Developed by healthcare professionals, Queasy Drops are a natural way to ease a queasy stomach and also help with dry mouth and provide a nice energy boost.
- Smooze Ice Lollies – choose from Simply Coconut or Pink Guava and Coconut; Smooze is a range of all natural ‘freeze at home’ fruit ices made from freshly pressed coconut milk combined with real fruit juices and purees. Free from dairy, gluten, nuts, preservatives and artificial sweeteners.
- Cake Tasting Club Box – Three delicious cakes, bars, biscuits or other baked loveliness from The Cake Tasting Club will be delivered on the next 22nd of the month.
- Montezuma’s Giant Chocolate Buttons. Choose from Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate (180g)
- Cartwright & Butler Biscuits – choose from Butter Shortbread or Gluten Free Butter Oat Crumbles (200g)
- Brown Bag Crisps – choose from Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar,Tiger Prawn Chilli & Lime or Oak Smoked Chilli (40g)
Drinks & Refreshments
- Luscombe refreshing soft drinks – choose from Cool Ginger Beer or Wild Elderflower Bubbly, made with organic fruit.
- Red Wine, Villa Montes Cabernet Sauvignon. 375ml
- White Wine, Villa Montes, Sauvignon Blanc 375ml.
- 2 x Luxury Craft Beers – 1 each of Lost and Grounded’s Hop Hand Fallacy and Wild Beer Co Millionaire Stout (330ml each).
- 2 x Bloom & Fentiman’s Gin – one with tonic, one with rose lemonade (275ml each).
- Thomson & Scott Skinny Prosecco, 20cl.
- Teapigs Tea – choose from Everyday Brew, Lemon & Ginger or Honeybush & Rooibos. Lemon & ginger is good for sickness while Honeybush & Rooibos can be drunk with or without milk. Both Lemon & Ginger and Honeybush & Rooibos are caffiene free (15 temple bags).
- Rave ‘The Italian Job’ Coffee – this blend is roasted just a hint darker with a splash of high quality Robusta. The result is a coffee that punches through milk and delivers a welcomed kick of caffeine.
Entertainment & Stationery
- Luxury Lined A5 Notebook – Perfect bound, 140 page notebook in navy with gold foil print lettering. Exclusively designed for Don’t Buy Her Flowers by Love Give Ink.
- Women’s Magazine – choose from Red, Living Etc, Good Housekeeping, Glamour.
- Men’s Magazine – Empire, GQ, Gardeners’ World, Today’s Golfer, Men’s Health.
- YesMum REBEL Affirmation Cards – when we experience the effects of cancer in our lives, the feelings that manifest can exhaust our minds and hearts to leave us feeling overwhelmed by life’s daily requirements. The yesmum® rebel affirmation cards act as a daily fist bump to help start each day with strength and self-assurance.
- A Book (choose from the following)
– Eve of Man by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher is an electrifying dystopian love story, the first in a trilogy by bestselling authors Giovanna and Tom Fletcher
– Scummy Mummies by Ellie Gibson and Helen Thorn. A celebration of parenting failures, hilarious confessions, fish fingers and wine by the brilliant comedy duo
– Eat, Drink, Run: How I Got Fit Without Going Too Mad is Bryony Gordon’s hilarious and inspiring account of training for a Marathon and learning to live well in the skin you’re in.
– The Tattooist of Auschwitz is a heart-breaking story of the very best of humanity in the very worst of circumstances from Heather Morris.
– The Woman in the Window. A tense and twisting bestselling debut crime thriller by A.J. Finn
– Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. Gail Honeyman’s debut bestseller; a smart, warm and uplifting novel.
– The Cows is the frank, funny and thought-provoking debut novel from Dawn O’Porter.
– This is Going to Hurt: Secret Diaries of a Junior Doctor. The hilarious, at times horrifying and occasionally heartbreaking diaries of former junior doctor Adam Kay.
– Notes on a Nervous Planet is an honest and human guide to coping with the modern world by bestselling author Matt Haig
– F*** You Cancer: How to face the big C, live your life and still be yourself by Deborah James
– What a Time to be Alone. Chidera Eggerue AKA The Slumflower’s bestselling guide to why you are already enough.
– The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k by Sarah Knight helps the reader shed unwanted guilt and obligations to redirect time, energy and enthusiasm to their true priorities.
– Hurrah for Gin. Katie Kirby’s honest anecdotes and illustrations from the parenting frontline, for perfectly imperfect parents.
– How To Grow a Baby by Clemmie Hooper. A guide to pregnancy and birth straight from midwife and mum-of-four Clemmie Hooper’s mouth
- The Liberty Colouring Book – 43 prints of Liberty London’s iconic patterns.
- Penguin Pocket Sudoku – contains 201 brainteasers, ranging from easy to mind-bogglingly difficult.
- KeepEmQuiet Activity packs – perfect for helping entertain the kids when a grown up’s energy levels might be low.
- One Green Bottle 500ml Stainless Steel Canteen in Metallic Gold or Apple Green, with Quench Cap and straw so it can be used without leaking in bed as well as on the go.
- 100% Lambswool Blanket in Black & White Leopard Print or Grey & White Chevron with Mustard Trim, 130 x 100cm.
- Love/Strength Necklace – Designed in collaboration with Don’t Buy Her Flowers. 18 carat gold-plated, made from stainless steel, lead and nickel free. Necklace length is approx 18 inches plus 2inches extension.
- Gold plated brass lightning bolt earrings with sterling silver ear post from Cult of Youth
- Large scarf in Grey & White Striped or Grey with Flowers, machine washable.
- Pantherella Cashmere Women’s Socks in Pink or Light Grey.
- Scott-Nichol Chunky Wool Women’s Socks in Denim Marl or Charcoal Marl.
- Scott Nichol Men’s Socks in Blue Striped, green or Navy, available in 6-9UK and 9.5-12UK.
- ThermosCafe Zest mug 0,4L in purple or blue.