This bespoke package was developed because we have regularly been asked to put something together for someone going through cancer. Through our own experience and from talking with others, we know that cancer is intensely personal. Depending on diagnosis, treatment, circumstances and many other factors, what might offer some TLC or practical comfort varies greatly. One person might crave cold things while another can’t stand them; some people might want food as comfort while others lose their appetite; skin can be sensitive, some people feel the cold more and others suffer hot flushes. Some want to use their brain and others want a distraction.
We also know that it’s tough for those alongside the patient, and often friends and family want to look after that person too, so we wanted to make sure the loved ones were included in this package.
The Stand Up To Cancer Care Package has been developed with over 60 products to choose from so you can make it right for the recipient. It has been developed in collaboration with Stand Up To Cancer and Don’t Buy Her Flowers are proud to support the charity by making an annual donation to it’s ground breaking research.
With huge thanks especially to Deborah, Emma, Helen and Elizabeth – four brilliant women who took the time to provide insights and really think about the products that they received or wished they had during their own experiences.
Don’t Buy Her Flowers are proud to support Stand Up To Cancer by making an estimated donation of £1500 for each 12 month period from April to March annually to Cancer Research UK in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign. Stand Up To Cancer and Stand Up To Cancer Brand Marks are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Entertainment Industry Foundation. Cancer Research UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (No. 1089464), Scotland (No. SC041666), Isle of Man (No 1103) and Jersey (247).
Beauty, Skincare and Relaxing products.
These products have been selected because they are gentle on skin that might be sensitive.
- Skin & Tonic Naked Lip Balm; British, organic and comes in an easy-to-use stick for soothing dry lips.
- Skin & Tonic De-Stress Face Mask (20g) – A cooling powdered clay mask that will leave skin hydrated, plump and dewy, made with only six ingredients
- Skin & Tonic organic Calm Balm; uses Roman Chamomile, Lavender and Calendula oils to help skin and mood in moments of stress (20g)
- B Skincare Peppermint Foot Cooling Cream (60ml) – Handmade and natural, combines cooling peppermint, antibacterial tea tree and relaxing lavender essential oils
- Laughing Bird Shea & Cocoa Butter Hand Cream (120ml) – With geranium and lemon
- This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray (75ml) – With an award winning blend of lavender, vetivert and chamomile to calm mind and body
- This Works Energy Bank Shower Gel (250ml) – A mood-boosting body wash to supercharge the start of the day, with Geranium, Ylang Ylang & Rosemary
- Spacemasks Self Heating Eye Mask – For relieving tiredness, eye strain and many other earthly tensions
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – The UK’s number one dry shampoo, and a popular product for anyone unable to wash their hair (200ml).
- Nursem Caring Hand Cream – Developed with nurses to nourish, nurture, protect hands, and gentle on sensitive skin
- Nursem Caring Skin Fix (50ml) – Particularly brilliant for sore, dry hands. Uses naturally derived ingredients to provide immediate and targeted relief to all areas of persistently dry and sore skin
- Mum & You – 100% biodegradable baby wipes are made from naturally derived fibres, which breaks down quickly after throwing away, even in landfill conditions
- Love & Peace 8 hour tealight candles in recycled glass (3 tealights) – Subtly scented with essential oils citrus, geranium, patchouli and orange
- Love & Peace candle 180ml – Subtly scented with essential oils citrus, geranium, patchouli and orange
- Black Oud Candle 180ml – Citrus, pink pepper, cardamom, nutmeg, vanilla and musk. 100% natural plant wax.
Snacks, Treats and Meals
For ingredients details, see FAQs
- COOK Food Delivery Voucher £35, £55, £75; The recipient chooses from the extensive menu on COOK’s website, selects a delivery slot to suit them and receives delicious meals to the door ready for when they need them. COOK cater for family meals, kids meals and special dietary requirements. As a guide, £35 buys 4-5 meals for two (prices vary depending on the meals chosen).
- Queasy Drops Plus for Dry Mouth and Nausea Relief – Developed by healthcare professionals, Queasy Drops are a natural way to ease a queasy stomach and also help with dry mouth and provide a nice energy boost.
- Smooze Ice Lollies – choose from Simply Coconut or Pink Guava and Coconut; Smooze is a range of all natural ‘freeze at home’ fruit ices made from freshly pressed coconut milk combined with real fruit juices and purees. Free from dairy, gluten, nuts, preservatives and artificial sweeteners.
- Montezuma’s Giant Chocolate Buttons. Choose from milk, dark or white chocolate (180g)
- Salted Caramel Brownie Sharing Slice – An extra big slab of delicious, gooey chocolatey brownie
- Traybakes Caramel Shortcake with Belgian Milk Chocolate
- Cartwright & Butler Chocolate Fudge – Creamy, chocolatey and absolutely melt-in-the-mouth and made with real butter from an age-old Scottish recipe
- Triple Choc Chunk Biscuits – Cartwright & Butler’s chocolate biscuits with white, milk and plain chocolate chunks
- Cartwright & Butler Biscuits – Choose from Demerara Shortbread Rounds or Gluten Free Butter Oat Crumbles (200g) or Sea Salted Caramel Shortbread Rounds (125g)
- Brown Bag Crisps – choose from Sea Salt & Malt Vinegar or Tiger Prawn Chilli & Lime (40g)
Drinks & Refreshments
- Cosmopolitan Cocktail (100ml) – A modern classic with Ketel One, the tangy-sweet orange of Cointreau, cranberry and lime, from Nio Cocktails. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- Garden of Russia Cocktail (Vodka) (100ml) – A fresh and fragrant take on the Vodka Sour with an elderflower twist, from Nio Cocktails. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- Old Fashioned Cocktail (100ml) – Crafted with Bulleit Bourbon and aromatic bitters, from Nio Cocktails. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- Tommy’s Margarita Cocktail (100ml) – A refreshing twist on the Margarita that allows the Jose Cuervo Tequila to shine, from NIO cocktails. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- Lemongrass Citrus Cocktail (Alcohol-Free) (100ml) – Fragrant lemongrass stars in this refreshing tropical non-alcoholic cocktail. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- Virgin Bitters Cocktail (Alcohol-Free) (100ml) – A delicious take on an alcohol-free Negroni, with notes of spice, citrus and bitters. Needs Ice Only, single serving
- White Wine, El Coto, Blanco Rioja (375ml) – Made from macerated Viura grapes with slow fermentation. Offers an intense aroma of flowers and green apples and is full tasty and fruity on the palate.
- Red Wine, Villa Montes Cabernet Sauvignon (375ml) – Deep, ruby red in colour. On the nose, the wine has blackberry and blackcurrant aromas. The palate is medium bodied, with soft tannins, crisp acidity and a lingering finish
- White Wine, Chenin, Roussane, Grenache Blanc (75cl) – ‘Arya’ from Doran’s Vineyard is a symphony of white pear, bright green apple and orange aromas
- Red Wine, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot (75cl) – ‘Romy D’ from Doran’s Vineyard; an array of red fruits uplifted by aromas of cigar box and dark chocolate followed by fresh notes of cedar
- Organic Craft Beer & Craft Cider (330ml each) – A refreshing pale ale from Stroud Brewery paired with a Dunkertons cider, organic and suitable for Vegans
- 2 x 330ml Organic Craft Beers by Stroud Brewery – 1 x IPA and 1 x Nelson. Organic and Vegan
- 2 x Beard & Sabre Hopped Ciders 33cl – Two 33cl bottles of this medium cider from West Country producers Beard & Sabre, ‘Dolores’ is a smooth drinking cider with notes of pineapple and lychee
- 2 x Blooms Gin – one with tonic, one with rose lemonade (27.5cl each).
- Bei Tempi Prosecco (200ml or 750ml) – Brilliant light colour, zesty with citrus fruit and flowery features and a light fresh finish
- Teapigs Tea – choose from Everyday Brew, Super Fruit, Lemon & Ginger or Honeybush & Rooibos. Lemon & ginger is good for sickness while Honeybush & Rooibos can be drunk with or without milk. Both Lemon & Ginger, Super Fruit and Honeybush & Rooibos are caffiene free (15 temple bags).
- Rave ‘The Italian Job’ Coffee – this blend is roasted just a hint darker with a splash of high quality Robusta. The result is a coffee that punches through milk and delivers a welcomed kick of caffeine.
Entertainment & Stationery
- Luxury Lined A5 notebook – Perfect bound, 140 pages (70 sheets) lined notebook in green with gold foil print lettering. Exclusively designed for Don’t Buy Her Flowers by Martha Brook
- Choice of Magazine – choose from Red, Living Etc, Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, Empire, GQ, Gardeners’ World, Today’s Golfer, Men’s Fitness
- YesMum REBEL Affirmation Cards – when we experience the effects of cancer in our lives, the feelings that manifest can exhaust our minds and hearts to leave us feeling overwhelmed by life’s daily requirements. The yesmum® rebel affirmation cards act as a daily fist bump to help start each day with strength and self-assurance.
- Fiction Book – Choose from the following:
- The Heatwave by Kate Riordan – Atmospheric psychological thriller, set in Provence during a heatwave
- Agent Running in the Field by John le Carré – A British spy thriller from the master espoinage novelist, in a tense and chilling portray of today
- The Queens Gambit by Walter Tevis – The Queen’s Gambit, a thriller that follows the life of an orphan chess prodigy, Beth Harmon, during her quest to become the world’s greatest chess player. Now adapted as a hugely successful Netflix series
- The Undoing by Jean Hanff Korelitz – A twisty, turny psychological thriller; main character Grace appears to have the perfect life, however everything changes when a gruesome murder takes place. Recently adapted for a TV series starring Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant
- Such A Fun Age by Kiley Reid – A much-acclaimed, captivating debut about race and privilege, set around a young black babysitter, her well-intentioned employer, and a surprising connection that threatens to undo them both
- The Second Sleep by Robert Harris – A historical thriller and #1 Sunday Times Bestseller, which poses challenging questions about the idea of progress and the stability of civilisation
- The Private Joys of Nnenna Maloney by Okechukwu Nzelu – A coming-of-age story full of warmth and wit, capturing the tricky nuance of life, love, race, sexuality and familial relationship
- The Secret Commonwealth: The Book of Dust Volume Two by Phillip Pullman – A fantasy novel and the second chapter in Philip Pullman’s epic series, this is a powerful story about the truths that underpin our world, the divisions that lie between love and responsibility and what it truly means to grow up.
- Death in the East by Abir Mukherjee – An award-winning gripping historical crime novel set in Raj-era India, with a return of the Calcutta police detective Captain Sam Wyndham
- The Testaments by Margaret Atwood – The Booker Prize winning sequel to The Handmaid’s Tale, Attwood returns to the dystopian world of Gilead with the dramatic conclusion, told through three different female characters
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens – A painfully beautiful first novel that is at once a murder mystery, a coming-of-age narrative and a celebration of nature, and a huge Number One New York Times bestseller
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo – follows twelve characters on their personal journeys through Britain and the last hundred years. Winner of the Booker Prize 2019
- The Guardians by John Grisham – The latest gripping crime thriller, in Grisham’s signature, easy style
- Those who are loved by Victoria Hislop – Those Who Are Loved is Victoria Hislop’s latest number one bestselling novel, in which she brings Greek history to compelling life
- Machines Like Me by Ian McEwan – A Sci-Fi novel set in the 1980s in an alternative history timeline in which the UK lost the Falklands War, Alan Turing is still alive and the Internet, social media and self-driving cars already exist
- The Eve Illusion by Giovanna & Tom Fletcher (Hardback) – The Eve Illusion is the second book in the bestselling Eve of Man trilogy from The Fletchers; a love story set in a dystopian future
- The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse by Charlie Mackesy – Beautiful sketches following four unlikely friends and their most important life lessons; a book that has captured millions of hearts
- Non-Fiction Book – Choose from the following:
- Straight Outta Crawley by Roman Ranganathan – Memoirs of a Distinctly Average Human Being. The hilarious and irreverent autobiography from comedian Romesh Ranganathan
- Tall Tales and Wee Stories by Billy Connolly – The Best of Billy Connolly, this Sunday Times Bestseller brings together the very best of Billy’s storytelling for the first time, with fifty years of belly-laughs, energy and outrage.
- Failosophy by Elizabeth Day – An essential handbook for turning failure in to success, looking at all the lessons learned from the award-winning How To Fail podcast, and distilled in to seven principles of failure
- The Salt Path by Raynor Winn – Multi award-winning, honest and life-affirming true story of the couple who lost everything and embarked on a journey of salvation across the windswept South West coastline
- Zonal Marking: The Making of Modern European Football by Michael Cox – An insightful, comprehensive and entertaining book about how European football has developed over the last three decades by the author of the much heralded The Mixer, Michael Cox
- Those who are loved by Victoria Hislop – Those Who Are Loved is Victoria Hislop’s latest number one bestselling novel, in which she brings Greek history to compelling life
- Three Ingredient Baking by Sarah Rainey – Incredibly simple treats with minimal ingredients. 100 fuss-free family recipes for cakes, biscuits, breads, desserts, savoury bakes and frozen treats.
- Loud Black Girls by Yomi Adegoke and Elizabeth Uviebinené (Hardback) – Loud Black Girls: 20 Black Women Writers Ask: What’s Next? Edited by the authors of Slay in Your Lane
- The Self-Care Cookbook by Gemma Ogston – Over 60 plant based recipes to boost energy, help sleep and lift moods
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle – Part inspiration, part memoir, Untamed: Stop Please, Start Living explores the joy and peace we discover when we stop striving to meet the expectations of the world, and instead dare to listen to and trust in the voice deep inside us
- Good Hair by Charlotte Mensah (Hardback) – An essential, practical guide to caring for Afro, textured and curly hair, from the legendary Black British hairdresser
- I Am Not Your Baby Mother by Candice Brathwaite (Hardback) – I Am Not Your Baby Mother; Part memoir and part manifesto, a thought-provoking, urgent and inspirational book on what it’s like to be a black British mother from popular influencer Candice Brathwaite
- Sh**ged. Married. Annoyed. (Hardback) by Chris & Rosie Ramsey – The hosts of the number one podcast write hilariously and with honesty about the ups and downs and ins and outs of love, sex and relationships
- The Roasting Tin Around The World by Rukmini Iyer – The greatest dishes from all corners of the globe, reworked into quick and easy one-tin meals; perfect for weeknight dinners, lunch breaks and family favourites
- Skincare: The ultimate no-nonsense guide by Caroline Hirons – Straight-talking advice from the Skincare Queen; Caroline Hirons explains the facts and myths in the trademark style that accounts for her cult-like following
- Gardening Through the Year by Ian Spence – Packed with essential gardening advice, RHS Gardening Through the Year is the must-have book for new gardeners and a trusty reference for old hands
- More Than a Woman by Caitlin Moran (Hardback) – A hilarious and searingly honest guide to growing older, a manifesto for change, and a celebration of all those middle-aged women who keep the world turning
- Sudoku book – A workout for the brain and a stress-reliever
- Richard Osman’s House of Games – 101 new & classic games from the hit BBC series
- The Times Jumbo Crossword Book
- Large Print Wordsearch – 100 Easy to Read Puzzle Book all presented in easy-to-read, large print type
- Mindfulness Colour By Numbers – A calming colour-by-numbers book with over 60 designs
- Calm Colour By Numbers – A colouring book to promote calm and relaxation with over 60 designs
- Stib Jumbo Colouring Pencils – Pack of 12 vibrant colours, each of which has a ‘positive’ word embossed on it. Includes double sharpener. Recommended age 5+
- Animal Activity Book (6-12) – Activity book from The Future Teacher Foundation
- ‘COOL’ Colouring Book (6-12) – Colouring book from The Future Teacher Foundation
- Animal Colouring Book (3-8) – Colouring book from The Future Teacher Foundation
- Colouring book for toddlers ABC (preschool) – Colouring book for preschoolers from The Future Teacher Foundation
- Football Activity book (6-12) – Activity book from The Future Teacher Foundation
- Quick Crafts Book: For Parents Who Think They Hate Craft – by Emma Scott-Child
- Cashmere Eye Mask – beautifully soft, from the London Cashmere Co
- One Green Bottle Curvy Stainless Steel Canteen (500ml) – In Bright Green with classic sports cap with better flow so it can be used on the go
- 100% Lambswool Blanket 130 x 100cm – In Grey Chevron with Mustard Trim or Monochrome Leopard Print
- Love/Strength Necklace – Designed in collaboration with Don’t Buy Her Flowers. 18 carat gold-plated, made from stainless steel, lead and nickel free. Necklace length is approx 18 inches plus 2inches extension.
- Large Scarf – Warm and cosy large scarf available in a choice of styles. Tasselled Grey 164cm x 128cm or Green Blanket 176cm x 60cm
- Chunky Knit Midi Hot Water Bottle – Super Soft, Chunky and incredibly Cosy
- Pantherella Cashmere Women’s Socks in Pink or Light Grey.
- Pantherella Merino Wool Women’s Socks in Navy Striped
- Pantherella Men’s Socks in Striped or Chevron Navy, available in 7.5-9.5UK and 10-12UK
- Men’s Luxury Cotton Socks in Blue Contemporary Houndstooth – Quality socks from The London Sock Co made with Scottish Lisle Thread Cotton available in 8-10UK and 11-13UK
- Men’s Luxury Cotton Socks in Fine Green Stripe – Quality socks from The London Sock Co made with Scottish Lisle Thread Cotton
- Grey Stainless Steel Thermal Mug 300ml
- Teak Stainless Steel Thermal Mug 300ml