Once upon a time, curling up with a good book wasn’t a challenge. Then life/kids/box sets got in the way. This package has been put together to encourage the recipient to make an evening of it with snacks, something to drink and a selection of books written by fabulous women and men to entertain.
- A Book (choose from the following:
- The Man Who Didn’t Call by Rosie Walsh –A story that will break your heart and put it back together. The perfect novel for anyone who’s ever waited for a phone call that didn’t come
- All That’s Dead by Stuart Macbride -Inspector Logan McRae is looking forward to a nice simple case – something to ease him back into work after a year off on the sick. But the powers-that-be have other ideas…
- Normal People by Sally Rooney -Normal People is a story of mutual fascination, friendship and love. It takes us from that first conversation to the years beyond, in the company of two people who try to stay apart but find they can’t.
- And The Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini – From the bestselling author of The Kite Runner Khaled Hosseini tells the deeply moving epic of heartache, hope and unbreakable bonds of love
- The Binding by Bridget Collins – If you have something you want to forget, or a secret to hide, he can bind it – and you will never have to remember the pain it caused.
- The Confessions of Frannie Langton by Sara Collins – A beautiful and haunting tale about one woman’s fight to tell her story. Leading you into the enthralling heart of Georgian London.
- Dead at First Sight by Peter James – Roy Grace, creation of the award-winning author Peter James, exposes the dark side of the internet
- How To Fail by Elizabeth Day – Inspired by her hugely popular podcast, brilliantly funny, painfully honest and insightful celebration of things going wrong
- Will I Ever Pee Alone Again? – In her first book, happy-go-lucky YouTuber and Instagrammer Emma Conway explores motherhood in all its glory through the medium of hilarious and uplifting poetry.
- F*** You Cancer by Deborah James – How to face the big C, live your life and still be yourself
- The Self-Care Cookbook by Gemma Ogston – Over 60 plant based recipes to boost energy, help sleep and lift moods
- Grown Ups by Marian Keyes – The brand-new book from #1 bestselling author and excellent woman, Marian Keyes
- Resilient: Tools for lasting happiness by Rick Hanson – 12 Tools for transforming everyday experiences into lasting happiness; Dr Rick Hanson explains how to build the foundations of well-being by harnessing the power of positive experiences to build an unshakeable core
- Three Ingredient Baking by Sarah Rainey – Incredibly simple treats with minimal ingredients. 100 fuss-free family recipes for cakes, biscuits, breads, desserts, savoury bakes and frozen treats
- Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams – debut novel that is fresh and modern, hilariously funny and quietly devastating, Queenie has been long-listed for the Women’s Prize for Fiction 2020
- Those who are loved by Victoria Hislop – Those Who Are Loved is Victoria Hislop’s latest number one bestselling novel, in which she brings Greek history to compelling life.
- Mind Over Mother by Anna Mathur – Mind Over Mother from Psychotherapist Anna Mathur is a warm and accessible guide to understanding and addressing anxiety in the first year of motherhood
- Behind the Mask by Tyson Fury – Autobiography from undefeated heavyweight champion Tyson Fury
- Straight Outta Crawley by Roman Ranganathan – Memoirs of a Distinctly Average Human Being. The hilarious and irreverent autobiography from comedian Romesh Ranganathan
- Gardening Through the Year by Ian Spence – Packed with essential gardening advice, RHS Gardening Through the Year is the must-have book for new gardeners and a trusty reference for old hands
- Tom Clancy’s Enemy Contact by Mike Maden – Tom Clancy’s Enemy Contact is Mike Maden’s gripping new thriller in this Jack Ryan Jr series, and inspiration for the Amazon Prime Hit
- Zonal Marking: The Making of Modern European Football by Michael Cox – An insightful, comprehensive and entertaining book about how European football has developed over the last three decades by the author of the much heralded The Mixer, Michael Cox
- Montezuma’s Giant Chocolate Buttons* in milk or dark chocolate (180g)
- Brown Bag Crisps in Cheddar Cheese & Onion, Sea Salt & Malted Vinegar
- Choice of one of the following Need help choosing?
– Teapigs Everyday Brew (15 temple teabags)
– Teapigs Honeybush & Rooibos (15 temple teabags)
– Rave ‘The Italian Job’ coffee 250g
- – Luscombe Refreshing Soft Drinks – one x Elderflower and one x Rhubarb Crush
- – Thomson & Scott Skinny Prosecco – Half Size Bottle (20cl)
- – Thomson & Scott Skinny Prosecco – Full Size Bottle (75cl)
- – Rosé Wine, Doran’s Vineyard, (75cl) – ‘Rosie D’ is a delicious taste of summer with a splash of strawberry and raspberry aromas on a cloud of candyfloss
- – White Wine, Chenin, Roussane, Grenache Blanc (75cl) – ‘Arya’ from Doran’s Vineyard is a symphony of white pear, bright green apple and orange aromas
- – Red Wine, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot (75cl) – ‘Romy D’ from Doran’s Vineyard; an array of red fruits uplifted by aromas of cigar box and dark chocolate followed by fresh notes of cedar
- – 2 x 275ml Bloom Gins (one with tonic, one with rose lemonade)
- – 2 x Luxury Craft Ales – The Wild Beer Co was born out of a love of fermentation, barrel-ageing, and most importantly flavour; 1 x Somerset Wild and 1 x Fruitbooter
- – 2 x Beard & Sabre Hopped Ciders 33cl – Two 33cl bottles of this medium cider from West Country producers Beard & Sabre, ‘Dolores’ is a smooth drinking cider with notes of pineapple and lychee
- – Dubliner Irish Whiskey Miniature 5cl – An Irish blended whiskey, well honey’d on the nose with subtle nods to orchard fruits
- – Don Papa Rum 20cl – A smooth and delicate rum with tasting notes of vanilla, honey and candied fruit distilled at Bleeding Heart Rum Co. distillery in the Philippines
- – Bottle of Bauget-Jouette Champagne (37.5cl or 75cl) – With classic apple and some citrus notes. The palate is generously creamy with a refreshingly fine mousse and lingering finish. A Champagne to savour